We are currently recruiting:
- one ice cream chef/kitchen assistant (Marston Moretaine)
- one kitchen porter (Marston Moretaine)
Roles specifications below. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICE CREAM CHEF/KITCHEN ASSISTANT (MARSTON MORETAINE)
We have just opened a brand new production unit in Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire, our new HQ where we are preparing all our speciality ice cream creations and pans of irresistible dairy ice cream and vegan sorbet. All our ice cream is made from scratch using fresh natural and seasonal ingredients. We make all our own inclusions and jams.
We're looking for a capable imaginative and enthusiastic sous chef/ ice cream maker to join our team and assist our national growth! Full time We are interested in people of all ages with a background in pastries, speciality desserts, food design, have attended formal chef training or something similar.
He/She/They will be a motivated organised hard worker with excellent interpersonal skills and high standards.
Role & Responsibilities:
. Ensure all ice cream is prepared according to Ruby Violet standards.
.Make ice cream cakes and frozen delights. Organising, ordering and stock control, stock rotation.
.Follow the ice cream production schedule, setting standards and guidelines.
.Responsible for the kitchen production when the head chef is not there.
.Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
.Willing to be a team player.
The successful applicant will receive the relevant training to complete all aspects to a high standard.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
Must have 2 years kitchen experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.30 per hour
KITCHEN PORTER (MARSTONE MORETAINE)
We are opening a brand new production unit in Marston Moretaine this Summer! We're looking for enthusiastic people to join our team and assist our national growth!
Ruby Violet creates bespoke ice creams, sorbets and frozen delights using only organic milk and the most simple or unusual fresh ingredients. We are looking for a Kitchen Porter/Kitchen assistant to join our team on a full-time basis.
The main duty will involve:
- Ensuring basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible
- Cleaning all churning & pasteurising equipment
- Cleaning food preparation areas
- Unloading food and equipment deliveries
- Keeping work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised
- Food preparation: Juicing fruits & following Ruby Violet recipes for biscuits etc.
- Performing other duties as required including deep cleaning and laundry.
Salary: £10.00 per hour