HAPPY NEW YEAR
FROM RUBY VIOLET
31 December 2019
Christmas is over and the New Year is fast approaching. Whether you’ll be spending New Year’s eve in your best sparkly dress, or, on the sofa with a takeaway, you can’t deny there’s something exciting about welcoming in a New Year. It’s a time for resolutions and a fresh start, but it’s also a time for looking over the past year and reminiscing on good times, and what you’ve achieved. Here at Ruby Violet we had one of our best years yet in 2019, and we’ve decided to share a few of our achievements with you. Hope you enjoy looking back with us!
1. We made a conscious effort to be even more eco friendly! If you read our ‘Working towards a sustainable Ruby Violet’ blog post, then you will be familiar with all the changes we have implemented, or are in the process of implementing, to make Ruby Violet a more sustainable business. In 2019, we changed all the stickers for our tubs, and our tiny spoons, so that they are now fully compostable. If you have any changes on how we could further our efforts in 2020, we would love to hear them. Get in touch.
2. We now deliver our tasty treats straight to your doorstep. If you didn’t know, Ruby Violet is now on Deliveroo. If you’re lucky enough to live in close proximity to our stores to be able to order, what are you waiting for? Order yourself something yummy without even having to get up off the sofa.
3. We now take American Express. ‘Do you take American Express?’ used to be one of our most asked questions. We are pleased to announce the answer to that question is now ‘YES’. Now you have no excuse...
4. Worked with Eurostar. This summer we worked with Eurostar supplying our tiny tubs to their first class and business lounge at St Pancras. We hope we made your journeys just that little bit sweeter!
5. Our freezer was at St Martins Lane terrace this summer. London’s coolest and most exclusive Summer hang out, The Den at St Martins (in partnership with Veuve Clicquot) transformed their outside terrace into a tropical paradise, and Ruby Violet was lucky enough to be invited along. We supplied tiny tubs of ice cream & sorbet in a branded freezer to happy individuals enjoying their summer evenings, and we loved every second of it!
6. We spent the summer roaming around Coal Drops Yard, serving you tubs. If you spent some time at the lovely Coal Drops Yard this summer, it’s likely you will have seen one of our smiley members of staff serving iced delights. If you missed us, you’ll have to come and see us next summer! We’re already dreaming of warm summer evenings...
7. We made some new flavours, and brought back some old classics. 2019 was the come back year for some of your favourite flavours, including Kiwi and Chocolate Honey. We also came up with some amazing new flavours, including Peanut and Chocolate chip and Chocolate and Banana, both of which are dairy free and suitable for vegans!
8. We gave back to the local community with our 10% discount. We offered our 10% discount to Ruby Violet locals, which was redeemable via our app. It was hugely popular! Keep your eyes peeled for any future deals or offers we might have.
9. Furthered our mission to become environmentally friendly by introducing environmentally friendly cleaning products and coconut scourers from Ecovibe.
10. Introduced out Hot Chocolate jar. Customers couldn’t get enough of our delicious hot chocolate, so we gave you the chance to make them at home. For only £5, pop into one of our stores and pick up one of your very own hot chocolate jars (depending on availability), packed full of our rich hot chocolate buttons. Perfect for recreating either our short and intense or long and frothy hot chocolate from your own kitchen.
11. Kept the children entertained by coming up with new packages for children’s parties! Our variety of children’s parties give you so much choice if you have a little one’s birthday coming up, and we now have even more options for you. If you want to book one, or find out a little bit more information, head to our online shop on our website, or give us a call.
12. Hosted our first ever gingerbread decorating workshops.
13. Ruby Violet went to the Ritz! Yes, The Ritz! Chef Maria had the pleasure of creating and decorating a three tier extravaganza of an ice cream cake for a special party at The Ritz. If you haven’t seen it already, head over to our Instagram and take a look; it’s adorned with gold leaf flowers and we think it’s pretty spectacular.
14. We celebrated Pride with you. To celebrate Pride, Ruby Violet created rainbow coloured mini meringues and gave them away as free toppings on top of your favourite scoops. We loved them, and we hope you did too.
15. We updated our signs at King’s Cross. Our King’s Cross parlour is well known for it’s stylish interior and exterior, including our neon sign inside the parlour, and our bike and trike which live outside the parlour. This summer, we made the parlour even more instagrammable by sprucing up our outdoor signage with the help of our friends at Bread Collective If you haven’t seen it already, come down and take a look!
16. We got a PUPPY! Probably my most favourite Ruby Violet memory of 2019. Tufnell Park locals will probably have seen our adorable puppy (although he’s not so small anymore) roaming around. His name’s Frank, and he’s become somewhat of a mascot for Ruby Violet, also the main taster for our soon to be launched range of Scoopy Doo dog ice cream.
17. Expanded our vegan range! We introduced almond milk at our King’s Cross parlour so those who don’t consume dairy could enjoy our yummy hot chocolate. We also added the ever so popular Georgina’s cheeky chocolate sorbet to our list of regular flavours!
18. Did a collaboration with Costa. Do you remember the delicious Costa coffee swirl ice cream that we introduced earlier this year? It was part of a collaboration with Costa. We had lots of exciting bloggers and influencers in our Tufnell Park parlour learning how to churn ice cream. If you missed Costa coffee swirl, keep an eye out for our equally as delicious coffee mocha ripple!
19. Billy the van was open for business in Granary Square for another summer! Billy the vintage van took his rightful place in Granary square for another Ruby Violet summer. You seemed to love him just as much as we do! Hopefully he’ll be back next summer to get in on the ice cream action...
20. We created a 3 tier cake for a private party at Annabel's!
21. We attended Rimini, the yearly ice cream fair. At the start of this year we attended Rimini to hear about all the latest trends, products and machinery in the ice cream sector. Who knew there was so much to learn about ice cream!
22. We tested out new Ice cream equipment for a couple of days in Herefordshire, because we always keep an eye on new developments to create for you the best ice cream we possibly can!
23. We passed on our knowledge of making Ice Cream to local students! Ruby Violet collaborated with STORE on a 2 day summer school course involving a workshop at our Tufnell park HQ. What better way to spend long, hot days than learning how to make ice cream?
24. Re-vamped and re-introduced our blog! I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do writing them!..
25. We sold around 120,000 scoops of ice cream this year...that’s a lot of ice cream! You can help us beat it next year?
Our new Vegware spoons are fully compostable!
Vegan Kiwi Sorbet sold out fast, it will no doubt re-appear next summer.
Gingerbread decorating was a hit with adults and children alike.
By popular demand Scoopy Doo our dog ice cream will be available when we re-open!
As you can see, we’ve achieved a lot in 2019, and we hope to achieve even more in 2020. We want to say a big Thank You to all of our Ice Cream Lovers who have supported us this year, it means a lot. We hope you had a lovely Christmas, and we wish you all the best for the New Year. See you soon for Ice cream!
Love, The Ruby VioletsX
Blog by: Layla Turner